1. What does Percy noticed about the farm house as he walks away from it? What bothers him about the attic?
That something looked through the attic gable. That nothing lived up there but he saw something.
2. Why does Percy feel guilty about Grover getting in trouble?
He felt guilty about ditching Grover at the bus station.
3. Why do you think Percy asks Chiron about the Underworld? He says: "The beginnings of an idea – a tiny,
hopeful fire – started forming in my mind." What does he mean?
He is confused about everything and wants to know more. He means that he thinks that his mother is still alive.
4. Based on the description, what Greek god is cabin three dedicated to?
It is dedicated to Poseidon because of the sea salt smell and the shells.
5. Why is Annabeth upset with Percy after they leave Cabin Eleven?
He is not understanding any of what is being said.
6. How does Annabeth know that Percy is "one of us"?
The food and drink would have killed a mortal (blood to fire bones to sand). The dyslexia shows that his brain is hardwired for ancient Greek. The ADHD causes his battlefield reflexes (can't sit still).
7. Percy says the big girl from the Ares cabin reminds him of Nancy Bobofit. Is Clarisse like Nancy? Why or why not?
She is sort of like Nancy because Clarisse is a bully much like Nancy. Clarisse is much bigger and tougher.
8. Why doesn't Percy want Annabeth's help when he gets into the fight with Clarisse?
He says he wants to earn his own reputation.
9. What happens to Clarisse and her friends in the bathroom?
They get sprayed down with toilet water. Clarisse is the most soaked after the incident. The water sprays them out of the bathroom.
10. How does this incident change Annabeth's attitude toward Percy?
Annabeth wants Percy on her capture the flag team.